Monday, June 30, 2008

Fika!


According to Ikea, "fika" is what we say when we take a coffee break. Until about five minutes ago, the actual meaning of the word "fika" was unknown to me, but, thanks to wikipedia, I have just discovered that it is a verb that roughly translates "to drink coffee". The use of this word generally implies a break from work or a social activity with friends or on a date, so I think that this word sums up the pictures in this post. The only mystery left to solve regards the information from Ikea: I would not normally say "to drink coffee!" while taking a coffee break, so why would anyone say the equivalent in Swedish?

In any case, this summer has been a busy one for Marcia and me. We both work about 40 hours a week, leaving little time for such things as blogging. Since I've posted, I have finished my first year of college, worked at five different Starbucks, bought a car, wrecked a car, got a second job, been fired from my second job, and made approximately 23,492 lattes. But I finally have a long enough break from coffee to post some pictures.

The first of these two was taken at the Coffee Pub in Tallahassee. Coffee shops in Tallahassee mean a lot to Marcia and me, and this is one of the best. If I remember correctly, this picture was taken on April 8. three months after Marcia and I began dating. The second picture was taken more recently in one of the Orlando Starbucks that I've spent a lot of time in. I'm not sure why we took this picture, but I'm sure there was a good reason at the time. At least, I probably thought there was a good reason at the time while Marcia was trying to figure out how in the world I thought this was a good idea.

We have more pictures coming, and will have way more after July 8, the day marking six months of dating, though only I have any idea where those pictures will be taken. Now it's a surprise for both Marcia and anyone who's reading our blog. Check back soon!

Taylor

No comments: